Code of Conduct
By the very fact of joining VCE, students agree to observe the rules and regulations of the college. Each student accepts the responsibility to uphold the standards of the college whether on or off the campus. Bearing in mind that the action of any member of a community directly or indirectly affects all other members, the college expects its members, to observe the rules and regulations as set forth in the prospectus and handbook.
To facilitate and ensure a conducive learning environment we would like to enforce the following code of conduct. Serious action will be taken against breach of conduct.
- Attendance is taken at every lecture, practical or tutorial of any kind prescribed by the college timetable. Do not loiter in the compound, in the basement, or in the canteen when the class is going on. Your place is in the classroom.
- Regular attendance in classes is compulsory. The College and the University requirement of a minimum of 75% attendance must be strictly fulfilled.
- A student is obliged to appear for all home examinations and be prompt with home assignments. Students are expected to write the tests and do the assignments/projects given in each subject under the guidance of the respective course coordinator within the prescribed time.
- The Principal and lecturers have a right to question students loitering in the campus or absenting themselves from classes.
- Students should absent themselves from classes only when absolutely necessary. In case of a valid reason for absence, the prior written permission of the Principal must be taken.
- tudents are expected to conduct themselves with decency, decorum and dignity and help promote a healthy comradeship. Good manners are the best ornament of an educated person.
- Ragging of students is a crime punishable by law and is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking and chewing of tobacco is strictly prohibited.
- All students are required to carry their student Identity cards at all times on their person by wearing them so that they are clearly visible.
- Students are prohibited from inviting outsiders into the college.
- Every student should make conscious efforts to keep the college premises neat and clean.
- Do not destroy damage or break any college property, furniture or fixtures.
- The decision of the Principal shall be final in all matters of discipline and enforcement of rules.